Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

DCM and Download tool - DCM tag error

mcfuller
5 - Atom

I am attempting to use DCM  in Desktop Designer to store the API key and secret for an API and use the download tool tool retrieve data.

Based on the documentation this is possible using DCM aliases and Resolve on Payload in the download tool to add the credentials to the query string. Documentation here.

What I am running into is an error that seems to be related to the password alias that is not  descriptive, so I have no idea what might be wrong.

Here's the basic steps I took:

1. Set up a new data source as URL for downloading with the base url for the site
  2. Set up credentials  with username and password (using the API key and secret respectively)
  3. Linked them together
  4. Set up a new workflow with text input the contains the rest of the URL for the endpoint
  5. Added the download tool to use the new connection and select "Resolve on Payload"
  6. On the Payload tab , I added the query string parameters and included the two aliases for DCM {dcm:userName} and {dcm:password}

When I run the workflow I get an error on the download tool "DCM tag error" and nothing else.

If I remove the {dcm:password}  alias in the download tool and replace it with the api secret directly in the tool, the workflow works as expected.

What could I be missing?

Snag_573d242.png

Snag_56be312.png

Snag_56bf4d5.png

  

2 REPLIES 2
JOHN_sprocket_knuckle
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, 

Our team is facing the same issue. Does anyone have a solution they would be willing to share with us? It would be appreciated.

noel_navarrete
6 - Meteoroid

I am getting the same error. When I remove {dcm:password} and place the value into a field in the "And values from these fields" section of the Payload tab, my workflow runs fine.

Labels