Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Creating a new field by using invoice number and bill amounts

sathyaKPMG
7 - Meteor

i have 

[AR_Current_Sum_of_Bill_Amount]+[A_R_31___60_Days_Sum_of_Bill_Amount]+[A_R_61___90_Days_Sum_of_Bill_Amount]+[A_R_91___120_Days_Sum_of_Bill_Amount]+[A_R_121___150_Days_Sum_of_Bill_Amount]+[A_R_151___180_Days_Sum_of_Bill_Amount]+[A_R_181___365_Days_Sum_of_Bill_Amount]+[A_R_366___730_Days_Sum_of_Bill_Amount]+[A_R_731___1000_Days_Sum_of_Bill_Amount]+[A_R_1001___1500_Days_Sum_of_Bill_Amount]+[A_R_Over_1500_Days_Sum_of_Bill_Amount]

these fields to add and fall under new field created for the respective invoice in the file.

How to write the logic for this in formula tool to create the new fields for each invoice should see the bill amount   

need help on this?

4 REPLIES 4
jdminton
12 - Quasar

It sounds like a concatenate formula would work. To do this in Alteryx, use a plus sign (+) to concatenate. Since you are joining aging data, it is likely that you will first need to join the data so that each invoice is assigned an age first, but it is hard to tell without seeing the data you are working with. To concatenate a field, put brackets around the field name (i.e. [invoice number]) and quotes around any text you are trying to put together.

sathyaKPMG
7 - Meteor

Added the snaps. And based on the invoice how should i can add the values .

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@sathyaKPMG remove the " from the formula also make sure that all the amount fields are double 

Screenshot 2023-07-18 134210.png

jdminton
12 - Quasar

The quotes around the formula will turn it into text. The error is where it tries to convert to an integer. Remove the quotes for the formula.

Labels