Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Control parameter in Iterative macro

omkarshinde
Astéroïde

I need to use control parameter for dynamically changing dates in my filters and formula tools means I need to use a batch macro.
But my input file and output files is same and i want my output after every run to go back in loop as input for next run.
I have tried to nest my batch macro inside iterative macro but I am not sure how to proceed

1 RÉPONSE 1
Hammad_Rashid
Bolide

You can use a batch macro to dynamically change dates in your filters and formula tools. However, you mentioned that your input file and output files are the same, and you want your output after every run to go back in loop as input for the next run. To achieve this, you can nest your batch macro inside an iterative macro.

Here’s how you can proceed:

1. Create a batch macro that accepts a date parameter and uses it to filter your data.
  2. Create an iterative macro that accepts the same date parameter and uses it to call the batch macro.
  3. Connect the output of the batch macro to the input of the iterative macro.
  4. In the iterative macro, use a formula tool to append the output of the batch macro to the input data.
  5. Connect the output of the iterative macro back to the input of the batch macro.

This way, the output of the batch macro will be appended to the input data, and the iterative macro will use the updated data as input for the next run.

I hope this helps! 

Étiquettes