Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Compare 2 data sets/excel sheets

ZahinOsman
8 - Asteroid

Hi guys,

I'm trying to compare 2 excel sheets to compare what is missing;

Data set 1:

ZahinOsman_0-1658067375813.png

Data set 2:

ZahinOsman_1-1658067449909.png

I need to combine column "Run_Description" and "Batch_Name" in data set 1 and column "Name" and "Batch Name" in data set 2, then do a comparison to see which values are missing between the 2 excel sheets. In data set 2, the columns "Progress" and "User" will need to accompany the results in column "Name" in the output file. 

The output should look something like this:

ZahinOsman_2-1658067480899.png

LondonClose_LDB_Onsmile and Custom:LondonClose_LDB_Onsmile are same values, just with an extra Custom in front. 

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Zayn

4 REPLIES 4
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @ZahinOsman,

Here is one way of doing this:

IraWatt_0-1658068411037.png

The left of the join indicates they did not match I then add a yes is a missing column. The centre of the join does match so I put No in the missing column.

Any questions or issues please ask :)
HTH!
Ira

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@ZahinOsman I got different result after combining the fields  Run Name = [Run_Description]+'/'+[Batch_Name]  in data set 2 and Run Name = [Name]+'/'+[Batch Name] in data set 1 then joined with them using the join tool

binuacs_0-1658096005947.png

ZahinOsman
8 - Asteroid

Thanks so much guys! Both of you are life savers!

I will play around with this and let you know if I have any further questions

ZahinOsman
8 - Asteroid

Hey Ira, 

Thanks so much for this. Would you happen to know how I can #Trades, Warning Count, and Total Error Count to the respective Run Names?

ZahinOsman_0-1661955606091.png

So it kinda looks ilke this

ZahinOsman_1-1661955673914.png

Been tinkering around a lot but it keeps flashing up a code error

Labels