Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combine multiple sheets into one sheet

ppatane
8 - Asteroid

I have multiple files, each with multiple sheets. All sheets have the same column headings. I need to combine them all into one with a column for the sheet names and a column for the file name. I cannot figure out the tool(s) to use. The Join and Join Multiple aren't working for me, at least how I am using them.

5 REPLIES 5
KimLamNg
8 - Asteroid

You will need 2 batch macros, one to read the sheet name (Input Data tool to import sheet names) and one to read the file name (Directory tool)

ppatane
8 - Asteroid

Thank you, KimLamNg. That helps a lot. But I still do not k now how to combine all the data from all the sheets into one.

They all have 3 headings: Date, Title, Amount and then hundreds of rows of data underneath.

I need to have part of the filenames and the sheet names as columns in front of those.  I see how to use the examples you gave me to get that specific data, but it's the combining that I am not getting

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

@ppatane ,

One way of doing @KimLamNg 's direction.

Main Workflow

Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1680059378733.png

Macro to Get Path and Sheet names

Yoshiro_Fujimori_1-1680059460941.png

Macro to combine sheets

Yoshiro_Fujimori_2-1680059508953.png

You may want to tweak macros to add more file information.

Good luck.

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

You may also find this article interesting.

Alteryx & Excel Guide

ppatane
8 - Asteroid

I accepted the solution provided by Yoshiro_Fujimori, even though I am a beginner and need to investigate it intensely.  Lots of learning to do!

Labels