Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Anything over 1000000 gets an incorrect code

tpostlewate
7 - Meteor

Morning work family!
I am working on a formula and running into a problem. I am trying to code houses over $500000 with a 2 in a new column, and under with a 1 (unknowns with 0). It works fine until I run into a house over $1000000, in which it gives it a code of 1 instead of 2. I am assuming I need to do something that pushes everything to the right to analyze it, but 1)I'm not sure and 2)I don't know how to do that.  Here is what I have:

IF IsEmpty([Estimated Current Home Value]) THEN "0" ELSEIF [Estimated Current Home Value] > "500000" THEN "2" ELSE "1" ENDIF

Any ideas on how I can get this fixed?

Thanks, 
Terri

3 REPLIES 3
FlorianC
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @tpostlewate,

The formula you shared is comparing the text value of the field [Estimated Current Home Value] to the text value "500000".

In order to properly check for the amount value, convert the field [Estimated Current Home Value] to an integer or double and remove the quotes in your formula to compare numbers together.

Florian Carrier
Strategic Solution Consultant
Alteryx
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @tpostlewate ,

you could convert to value in the column to number to ensure, that the numeric value is used in the condition and not the string value. Give this condition a try:

IF IsEmpty([Estimated Current Home Value]) THEN
"0"
ELSEIF ToNumber([Estimated Current Home Value]) > 500000 THEN

"2"
ELSE
"1"
ENDIF

Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

tpostlewate
7 - Meteor