Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Workflow

Olsan
5 - Atom

Hello.

I am fairly new to Alteryx and I hope the community can assist me with the following question.

Context:

We are a media corporation and our current workflow has been created by an external partner. The data in question are orders exported from a platform called Adpoint which handles material requests/bookings.

Our current Alteryx workflow sorts the data/orders so that we can follow a continuos development and tendencies in Adpoint and whether or not our employees follow our internal workflow. We use this to educate, optimize our internal workflow, and analyze the data in an external platform called Celonis.

We sort the data in our Alteryx workflow by determining the status of an order when it begins "Booket" and when it is completed "færdig"/"banner klar". What happens between the beginning status "booket" and the final status "Færdig/banner klar" then determines whether the order has followed our flow or not.

Issue:

As we follow a continuos development we are also interested in comparing our progress from month to month.

However, when we look back on a month and set an interval for instance: 01.01.22 - 31.01.22 we can only see what is booked and completed in that given month.

We are interested to see in total what has been completed in that month, not necessarily what has been both booked and completed in that given month.

Question:

Is there any way to either remake our alteryx workflow or modify our current workflow to ensure that we can look back and compare our progress on a monthly basis?

In the attatched files you will find:

1. Our Alteryx workflow
  2. An example of our raw input data from Adpoint
  3. An example of our Alteryx output file
3 REPLIES 3
DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hey @Olsan 

Have you uploaded the correct 'Status udtraek' file? It's an .xlsx file in the workflow, but you've attached a .csv - and the joining field doesn't appear to be in the csv?

Olsan
5 - Atom

Hi David.

Thank you for getting back to me.

Just to clarify the files I have uploaded are:

1. Our Alteryx workflow - Ugentlig datarens.yxmd 
  2. An example of our raw input data from Adpoint - Basisrapport_140922-270922.csv
  3. An example of our Alteryx output file - Status udtræk

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the joining field, could you please elaborate? 

DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Olsan 

According to your workflow the output file is called 'Renset data uge 37', not Status udtræk? Status udtræk is an input file (in xlsx format, not csv) and the copy you uploaded is missing the field you use to join:

DavidSkaife_0-1673342079450.png

Statuskode - Nøgle is used as the join, but is missing from the csv file you have provided.

Labels