Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Interface HELP

rrahu07
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I am new to alteryx interface tools. I am trying to see if there is any way I can filter one specific entity and modify the FTI and bonus amount depending on my needs. For Example, lets say I want A and C to stay the same and I want add 100 dollars more in both Bonus and FTI for B. Is there any way I can build an action tool that will allow me to do that? Thanks in advance

rrahu07_0-1643731829562.png

5 REPLIES 5
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @rrahu07 ,

if I got you right, you try to select the entity using an interface tool (e.g. Drop Down) and enter an amount for change:

2022-02-01_18-22-39.jpg

Could this be an approach to solve your problem - what do you think?

Best,

Roland

rrahu07
8 - Asteroid

Hi Roland,

Attached is what I tried. Not as elegant as yours but still I tried. THANKS A LOT FOR SHARING YOUR WORK WITH ME and helping me. 

rrahu07
8 - Asteroid

Hi  @roland

can you please tell me why it is not working? I added another action tool to add adjustment for FTI.

rrahu07_0-1643738604676.png

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @rrahu07 ,

you've been very close to the solution, you only missed to enter the string to replace in the first Action tool, add the existing entry in the condition (A) and it should work.

2022-02-02_08-35-58.jpg

You could simplify it a bit. You use a Drop Down tool to select the entity and Text Box tools to enter the values. In the Action tool, you can change only the "variable part" of the condition or the formula using "Replace a specific string" (for [Entity ID] = "A" only the A and for [FTI]+1000 only the 1000). Doing so, data entry is easier. (I tried to explain the process in the picture) 

2022-02-02_08-20-18.jpg

I've attached the modified app, but in general it would work if you only add  A to "Replace a specific string"

If there are any further problems, please let me know.

Best,

Roland

Labels