Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Designer in VM Ware Fusion for OS X

janwerthern
6 - Meteoroid

I am running Alteryx Designer 2020.4 under VMWare Fusion 12.1 with Windows 10 64 bit on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7. The menu items of Designer  look awful unsmooth. Any idea how to smoothen the Menufonts?

Kind regards

7 REPLIES 7
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@janwerthern 

We had some scaling issues with other applications running on Azure.

Not sure will fix your issue here, but please give a try with playing around the two DPI Settings.

Capture1.PNGCapture2.png

PaulNo
10 - Fireball

Hi @janwerthern,

Does it only happen with Alteryx Designer, or do you see the same behaviour with other applications, please?

Is "Accelerate 3D Graphics" enabled in the display settings of your VM? If not, could you please, stop the VM, then enable the parameter to see if that helps?

Kind regards,

PaulN

janwerthern
6 - Meteoroid

Hi PaulN,

yes, Accelerate 3D Graphics was enabled. The problem only occurs in Alteryx Designer. The menu fonts in Microsoft Office as an example are crisp an clear...

Kind regards from Berlin!

Jan

janwerthern
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Qiu,

thanks for your advice. I will try that out! On my machine the problem only occurs in Alteryx Designer. Other menu fonts, i.e. in Microsoft Office, are crisp and clear, same in Windows 10...

Kind regards from Berlin,

Jan

janwerthern
6 - Meteoroid

Hi again Qui,

sadly I don't even find or have an AlteryxGui file... 😞

In the screenshot you can see the problem...

Jan

janwerthern
6 - Meteoroid

Qiu, its me for the last time. I found the AlteryxGui file and made that changes. However, the menu fonts get crisp and clear now but some other issues occur in the windows layout of Alteryx Designer. So, maybe i keep my menu problems which is not so nice to look at but therefor the software works as expected...

maybe there is this problem because I work on a 5k iMac screen .

Something is always not running well 😉

Jan

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@janwerthern 
Sorry did not get your issue resolved😞.

Labels