Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Aggregation of tables based on Specific Parts of Data Table Header

db89
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am running into another issue, where I have an input file 'Test Template1' and need in the form of aggregated 'OUTPUT' file (attached) based on the data which starts from Parts 3 only, that is any data which is there from 'Part 3' should be only considered and not 'Parts 1 and 2 section'? There will be such data sets where there will be data in 'Part 3' section always for input files ranging from 10 data sets. 

Any help on this will be highly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@db89 One way of doing this

image.png

Prometheus
12 - Quasar

@db89 The first thing I did was use a Filter tool to get what will become the first row of records by this expression: [Client Name]='Engagement Code'. Then I used the Sample tool to pass the first row only. After the F anchor, I added a Select tool and changed the data type of F3, F4, and F5 to numeric. I used the values from your output file to Join to records where XYZ=XYZ from the output file. Then I summed F3, F4, and F5 in a Summarize tool and Unioned it back to the top row. The Union tool is set to Auto Config by Position so it takes the field names from the first row of data that I filtered out in the first step.

WF.PNG

Join XYZ.PNG

db89
8 - Asteroid

HI @binuacs 

Really appreciate your help! This is the best version ever!!
Thank you so much!

Labels