Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

API error and corrupt records

btuchyner
6 - Meteoroid

So I have a workflow that is occasionally (maybe 1 in 100 times) returning a random 500 error from an API in the Download tool. I'm pretty sure this is a problem with this API, not Alteryx. The Download tool is within an iterative macro that outputs nothing and iterates again when it doesn't get expected data (such as the 500 error). That is working fine--when it gets the error, it iterates again and generally succeeds on the next iteration. The problem is when this happens, the records are corrupt. I get this error on random tools downstream (in this case a Text to Columns):

Internal error: invalid type read -- appears to be a corrupt record

I don't know if this is the right approach, but I was thinking that if the first failure is causing the records to be corrupt even though it succeeded the second time, there must be something cached from the first time. So I googled the different settings and thought maybe adding this header to the Download tool would help, since it's supposed to eliminate all caching:

cache-control: no-store

But the error can still happen even with this. Ideally, I'd like to just be able to use some tool to 'un-corrupt' the records. Or change the settings on the Download tool so it doesn't have this effect. I don't know if eliminating the 500 errors is an option since it seems to be an issue with the API I'm connecting to. Any ideas?

Sorry, I can't really attach the workflow without including sensitive data.

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0
Labels