Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Save Browse Results Until Next Run

I haven't seen this idea posted exactly this way...

Right now the browse results are only available while a workflow is open. It would be great if they could be saved until the next run, because sometimes I have to do things in stages, saving and closing a workflow, then continuing on it another time. I would love to have the browse results fromt the last run still be there until I re-run it.
5 Comments
BenG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Hi Cathy,

I can see why you would want this.  Technically I think this would be possible but may be tricky to communicate the functionality clearly.  Along with this we are also considering the option of caching workflow data at certain points and we will consider this request as we're designing that feature.  We may be able to address both use cases with our implementation.

Thanks,
Ben
BenG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Since I posted this I got an internal note discussing some features that may actually satisfy part of this request.

First, you are able to pop out a browse window with the current data view.  This window will persist as long as Alteryx is open.
Second, you can write the data to a yxdb instead of using the browse.  As you are getting back into that workflow, you can double click on the yxdb file in the file system and it will open in a new window.  This will work even if you close out of Alteryx and come back to your workflow a week later.

Let me know if you'd like more details on these options.

Ben

cbridges
11 - Bolide
Hi Ben - I posted a workaround as a comment on a similar idea I had. I'm going to try both the yxdb method you've described and see how it compares to the .htm  and explorer window method. Thanks!
cbridges
11 - Bolide
I'll definitely use the yxdb method for certain applicatons, and I'll probably stick with the html/explorer for other applications. Thanks for giving me some options!
RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Not Planned