Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Documentation and Standard Operating Procedure.

Have a feature in Alteryx that automatically and dynamically creates documentation or a SOP standard operating procedure. I imagine the flow and connectivity of each process  would cause it to be easy enough to translate from a visual display into a written form. This would be extremely helpful to workflows that touch and handle data that has to be accounted for, whether that be through an audit or any other forms of IT controls.
5 Comments
BenG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This request falls under our metadata management initiative and it is something we will be considering in the future.

Thank you,

Ben

levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball
I too have a desire for documentation capability. The ability to have in a written form to show the flow of data and the decsions that were made to organize and clean the data would be very handy.

I have started playing with the concept in Alteryx. If you bring connect to an Alteryx Module via an input tool.

If I get it to work. I'll post it on the Gallery

levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball
I meant to say ' bring in an Alteryx Module via the Input tool and choose the file format as xml
MM
5 - Atom

It wold be absolutely great to be able to print not only the workflow, but also the properties of the tools used. 

CJP
5 - Atom

I also have a need to document what is being done to the data and what is being blended, excluded etc.  I think often we are tackling wrangling problems that need to be documented and to do it from Alteryx could save a lot of time and repetition.  A workflow/tool markup/documenter would be a fantastic addition to Alteryx for report writing and for helping creating documents that can be easily validated and understood by all users.