Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

End of Medium Character

I have a strong feeling Alteryx doesn't handle ascii control character End of medium (EM) when writing to an excel sheet. Created an unreadable excel file. However if you write the same data to csv and then open it in excel everything is fine. My idea is to have the bug fixed or to be informed what I did wrong.

2 Comments
PoornimaF
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Hi Adrian,

This is indeed a bug, and we are working on getting it fixed.   It would be useful to know how you are using this control character i.e., is it in your data, or is it a field separator? If you could send us a data sample of just a few records, it would help us narrow down the bug further. Please feel free to post it here, or send it to me directly at pfarrar@alteryx.com.

Thanks,
Poornima Farrar, Product Manager
Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Inactive