The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Record limit to browse tool.

Seeing how we use browse to tools to help build out modules, but they slow down the modules because they write out temp files, it would be awesome to have a "record count" option similar to the input tool. This would allow us to see the data as it's flowing through the module without slowing it down.  Adding a sample tool before every browse would be fairly cumbersome. 
3 Comments
_sean_otto
7 - Meteor
I would argue it would be nice to do it similar to how Tableau does it so you can actaully select the sample size on the fly with the input tool, but if you have it on the browse tool, that too could get tedious.  How about adding it as an option in the "Runtime" properties for the Module in addition to the current "Disable all Browse Tools" function?
chris_cleckner
7 - Meteor
Well I do use the record count feature on the input tool when I want to sample down to test a module, but most of the time I'm dealing with transaction data and need to see an entire year.  If I sample down up front i'll only get a week or two through and not enough data will make it through.

I do like the thought of adding it to the runtime porperties though as sort of a default record count for browse tools.
RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Not Planned