Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

To schedule an Alteryx Gallery app

rahuls
9 - Comet

hi

I need to run an app on a fixed frequency and schedule. I know we can do it from designer. Is there a way we can schedule this app via Alteryx gallery? 

5 REPLIES 5
MattH
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Rahul.  Currently the Scheduler can only be accessed through the Alteryx Designer and through the command line (but only if you are going to schedule one offs and not set frequency).

To schedule a modue from the command line, use the following command:

“C:Program FilesAlteryxinAlteryxService.exe” addtoqueue= “<drive>:path omymodule.yxmd”,[computer name], [Controller Token found on the screen below]

Please note that you will need to use Alteryx Server to execute the above command.

I would recommend adding your question as a suggestion in the Idea Center so our Products and Development teams can see your interest in this functionality.

etl_anu
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

Is there any further update on this point? Even I would like to schedule a workflow on Alteryx Gallery.

Thanks!

s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

My First Question is,

Why are you looking for Scheduler for Gallery? Why not Workflow Scheduler?

Because, Gallery has all user Inputs such as File Input or Questions? So, the user need to provide the input to the gallery, so do you still think we need a scheduler?. Will it be helpful?

If you really think that there is no input from user, why don’t you use the workflow scheduler?

Anyways, there is a way to schedule a Gallery but you need to write some code

There is an API for .net/ Java (OAuth Method), using that you can write an executable application then call that using windows scheduler.

Please refer the bellow links

http://oauth.googlecode.com/svn/code/

And also there is an sample API for .net and Java available. You can find it under your Private studio setting

Hope this helps

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi Rahul,

I have had the discussion with the Alteryx technical team and unfortunately you can't. The Gallery and Scheduler are two seperated systems. 

There might be some way of getting around this however I would still do the schedules from the designer. This also makes sure that you use the correct version of the workflow (versioning in the Gallery).

Best regards,

Daniel

Srihari
5 - Atom

Hi s_pichaipillai ,

http://oauth.googlecode.com/svn/code/ is n't working. Can you please share the working link.