Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Throttling Processing / Thread.sleep() equivalent

brianscott
11 - Bolide
Hello Alterxy Users! 

I've got a freebie license with an external vendor that will give me data back in .xml format that I need to consume daily.  Unfortunately, because I'm on this extra cheap, freebie license one of the restrictions in place is N requests per minute.  I was testing a bigger data set and wound up getting a warning email; i.e., 'you tried to submit 20 requests in under a minute, your license is suspended until tomorrow.'  OK. Whatever.

So, do I have any options to tell Alterxy to throttle down processing somewhere along the loop; i.e., make a request every N seconds?  It would help me out a lot.

Thanks!

brian
2 REPLIES 2
ChadM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Hi Brian, have you tried the Throttle Tool yet?  It can be found under the Laboratory category right now, and will allow you to specify a limit to the number of records processed per minute. 
brianscott
11 - Bolide
BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks, this is exactly what I needed.  
Labels