Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

ODBC SQL UI

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

WIth the 9.0 release, I've notice that it takes quite a bit longer for the engine to pull up the UI window for ODBC connections (meaning the window that show you the tables, the query view builder, and the tab for the direct SQL.  Used to take seconds, now it takes minutes.  Wondering if anyone else has reported this.

7 REPLIES 7
larrysanchez
7 - Meteor
I am seeing a similar issue with the TeraData Bulk Loader
ChadM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Hi Mike/Larry,

Could you provide some more info? Larry, I see that you are connecting to TeraData, Mike are you also connecting to TeraData or is this for SQL or Oracle? 

If you prefer, please feel free to email me directly and we can get Products involved.  Thank you!

Chad
cmartin@alteryx.com

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Hi Chad,
For me, it's just using the ODBC 32-bit connection to an Oracle database.  
ChadM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Hi Mike/Larry,

Just a quick heads up, this has been addressed and will be available in the next release.

Thank you for your help with this!

Chad 
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Awesome; thanks!
yanm
5 - Atom
I have question about SQL in ODBC. I used Where to filter values of field but it does not work. Has anyone have tried and gotten success? Please kindly share .Thank you!
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
It's tough when customizing........the syntax can be different between systems (SQL vs Netezza vs the Alteryx UI, etc.).
Labels